10/23/2013

wish list: kitchen essentials





Halloween is not even here yet, and I am already excited for all the food, fellowship and general cheer that the holiday months seem to bring along. Cooking dinner, having friends over, playing board games and watching holiday movies always top my to-do list. I typically host Thanksgiving for my family (but not sure what we are doing yet this year). Regardless, I’ve already started thinking about some small kitchen tool upgrades.

(1)    I’m been lusting over enamelware from Le Creuset for years. It’s still only on my wish list, but I love this oval Dutch oven in rosemary green. Absolutely perfect for stews and roasts.

(2)    If I had my druthers, this olivewood salt well would be hanging out beside my stove at all times. I visit it every time I go into Sur la Table. You just know that burled wood will just get more beautiful with time.

(3)    Love this marble serving board. Hello cheese + grapes + nuts + me. Done.

(4)    I am still loving the gold toned flatware that West Elm introduced last year (or the year before)? What do you think- are the metallic here to stay for a while?

(5)    My beloved single cup espresso maker finally bit the dust (insert wailing and gnashing of teeth). I loved it because the base was stainless steel (in lieu of aluminum) but the rubber gaskets finally gave out and I couldn’t replace them. It has been months since, and I need to find a replacement. Any recommendations?

(6)    I absolutely love aprons. With initials. And pockets. Pockets on aprons are absolutely essential to me because I can keep my phone and kitchen timer handy. Who want to burn something because you can’t hear the kitchen timer in the other room? Not this girl.

(7)    Have you heard of Rewined? I love their candle scents and that they use recycled wine bottles to hold the candles. 

(8)    I’ve never owned a good set of knives. But lately I’ve been paying them a great deal of attention. Good knives can really make for a great experience in the kitchen. I’ve had my eye on some of these wooden handled knives by Schmindt Brothers at West Elm. I’m still wondering if I have the dedication needed to care for wooden handles longterm (hmm).


What about you?
What would be on your wish list for perfecting a feast from your own kitchen this year?




No comments:

Post a Comment