9/05/2013

Around Here



So this post is a bit late this week, but better late than never I suppose! I hope you all had a wonderful long weekend and Labor Day celebration. My weekend was pretty busy, but with some great time relaxing as well. My September is looking pretty busy already so I wanted to relax a little while I had the chance! This coming month includes learning a new software platform for work, celebrating a close friend’s wedding, attending my ten year high school reunion (!) and spending a weekend at my parent’s in Tennessee.

So what did I do over the long weekend?

  • I actually got off work a bit early on Friday and did a little pre-Labor Day shopping. Nothing extreme, but I did come home with these laser-cut metallic flats. On sale. I love them. Even though September is here, I live in the deep South so I feel like these shoes can definitely transition me between my summer sandals and my fall/winter footwear. 
  • Remember when I said I was hoping to start reading The Dog Stars over the weekend? Well I headed to the public library after work Friday, but it wasn’t available. Lessons from Madame Chic, caught my eye from the library’s ‘new books’ display and I couldn’t help but check it out to peruse over the weekend. I am actually almost finished with it now and loved it!

  • This may not seem like a fun weekend activity, but I spent the entirety of my Saturday cleaning out my closet. We had some heavy rain Saturday afternoon, so I didn’t feel too bad spending the time inside. Plus, there is something quite relaxing and mentally cleansing about having a cleaned and organized closet where you can find what you need.

  • Ben sure enjoyed all the time I spent cleaning the closet. He took a long nap on my bed. Saturday is the only day he is allowed on the bed at all, as its laundry day everything gets freshly cleaned.

  • Sunday afternoon I headed down to the lake to visit my friend, Heather, and her family. We sat out on the dock for part of the late afternoon, until a thunderstorm drove us back into the house. Thankfully, I had my book and good company to keep me occupied!

  • I picked up a couple of movies from the library and ended up watching both of them at the lake. I had never seen either of these! I loved Forget Paris-but who can resist the hilarious Billy Crystal? In Paris? Not I. And I love anything set in Ireland, so Far and Away was also a fun watch.

Well, here's to one more day before the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment