8/29/2013

Around Here


My schedule has been packed lately and this weekend was no exception.
Friday night I hosted a Lingerie shower for my friend Louanne- who’s getting married in only 
two weeks!

Saturday I spent most of the day painting furniture. This was not originally on the agenda, but when the skies are clear and there is only a twenty percent chance of rain you drop what you are doing and paint. I’ve been helping my friend Heather redecorate her bedroom for the last couple of months. Painting her furniture was our last big DIY project to tackle, but the rainy summer has been keeping our project on hold. Now that the bed is painted (and I just tracked down new nightstands today!!!) we can see the end in sight. I promise a design post when we are finished.

We also celebrated LB’s birthday on Sunday. LB has been eating strictly paleo for about 4-5 months so Sunday morning I tackled my first batch of Coffee Hazelnuts Paleo Pancakes. They were not bad. I followed the recipe from Brandon and Megan Keatley’s new cookbook, Primal Cravings. I’m not sure if the recipe is on their website, Healthbent, but every other recipe I tried of theirs has been great.

After breakfast I made another paleo treat- a Chocolate Paleo Birthday Cake- which was really good. I adapted this recipe based upon the paleo compliant flours I already had on hand (I did replace the arrowroot flour with tapioca flour). 



No comments:

Post a Comment