1/07/2013

Carpe Diem


Did you make a New Year’s Resolution this year? For once I didn’t. That’s not to say that I don’t have goals for the year ahead- I do. I just didn’t want to set myself up for failure (yet again). I read somewhere recently that the third Monday of January is the saddest day of the year and that almost a third of resolutions have been broken by the end of the month. They call it Blue Monday- sad indeed.

Resolutions always run through my head this time of year- most times of year if I’m honest. The unending things that I don’t do, but should.

Floss more
exercise more
watch less TV
read more
spend more time in prayer
make more friends
eat better
lose weight
work more
sleep more
 travel more
care more
yell less
clean more
work less
drink less coffee
drink more water
be more spontaneous

BE MORE. DO MORE.

It’s always MORE or LESS. I rarely feel balanced and settled. Do you?

So this year I decided to take baby steps. Yes, I have goals for this year- attainable ones. Maybe more important than that, I have people who know my goals and will hold me accountable to them in this year ahead. January 1st is just a rolling date on the calendar- symbolic yes, but just a day, equal in time to any other.  So here’s to seizing the day…one day at a time.

Happy 2013.


1 comment: