5/09/2012

Bags are Packed


My bags are (just about) packed and I am MORE THAN READY to head to India.

Last night I had just climbed into bed when a round of thunder and lightning rolled in, followed by the constant sound of rain on the windows. I rolled over to look at the clock just as it flipped to 11:00PM.

11:00 PM + 8 hours = 7:00AM in India

As that thought crossed my mind, I realized that somewhere, halfway around the world there are people waking up and beginning another day of their lives as I am ending one of mine. Somewhere there is a mother putting on her sari, feeding her children breakfast, and walking out the door to begin her day. Maybe she is going to retrieve water for her daily tasks, or going to the market. But whatever she is doing, in two short day our lives will collide into one another, and I am awed by this notion.

I cannot wait to see what the Lord has in store for this trip. Whose life will intersect with my own, if only for a brief time.



No comments:

Post a Comment